5 new things I learned/accomplished in the past 3 months for which I am thankful
1) As I have always been busy in my studies, I never used to get time to learn cooking. Nor did I ever bothered trying myself. However this time when I came home and was completely free from studies my mom asked me to learn a few dishes. So, in the past month I have learned making Kaal Masur di Daal ( Black Gram), Moong Masur di Daal (Yellow Gram) and Bhindi (Lady Finger). I am Thankful that at least I learnt a few dishes.
2) Second thing I am thankful of is that the burden of certification is over (for now at least). It was really difficult to prepare myself and read the six volumes of book and retain so much of the material. As it was my senior year at the university, there were a lot of events and parties and it was hard to study when all my friends were enjoining. So, I am glad that it’s done but I do hope that I pass.
3) Third thing that I learned last month was cycling. As a kid I remember riding a three wheeler but I never learned a bicycle.
4) This Eid, I applied Mehndi/Henna to people at a parlour and earned a good amount out of which I gave a proportion to charity. This was the first time, I donated and I felt really happy. I hope to continue working for social cause in the future as well.
5) I found out one of my closest friend on a social networking site and it was great talking to her after 5 complete years. After high school, she was out of touch with all the classmates, however it was truly a joy re-connecting with her.